Ways to Prevent Colds and the Flu
Here are some simple and effective remedies that will stop the coughing sneezing and other symptoms that make you miserable.
1 Drink Lots of Fluids
- Hot fluids such as herbal teas will warm your throat and fight cold viruses
2 Eat Right
- Mustard, horseradish and other spicy foods can help clear a congested nose.
- Garlic contains two components that fight and destroy the flu virus before it can develop. Garlic also helps fight off bacteria be increasing white blood cell production. Add it to whatever you fancy!
3 Take more Zinc
- Zinc fights infections. Oysters are one of the best sources of zinc
- Beef, beans lentils and pumpkin seeds are all good sources of this essential element.
4 Stay Home & Rest
- Your immune system needs time to rest and recover when you’re under the weather. Stay at home and relax. This also helps prevent others from catching your illness in the workplace.